Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Moments and moments of clarity » | Rage against the dying of the light » | I would... I so would » | Cruel letter B » | Hibernate » | Inglorious ball of disco » | Beautiful wreckage » | On price tags »

At ease, you insomniac freaks

I couldn't do it, the simplest of things.

It becomes a challenge, a battle. One final war before you're off this planet and on to your very own destination of peace land. Ten seconds is all it takes. It is that long!!

It's you against everything else. It's you against everything material. When you're beat, tired, and wrecked, when your eye lids are heavy as sin and your brain is empty like a void…

Nothing really matters.

All you seek is that break.

The fact of the matter is some people live their whole lives waiting for moments like these.

Sleep.

I lost the battle tonight. I lost it to a memory of my niece wearing an orange wool jacket bigger than her. I lost it to the thought of me not being here next week, wondering if I'd be up for it. I lost the battle to the sound of the clock ticking and the garbage truck doing it's very own beep, beep, fucking beep alien invasion sound. I lost the battle to an old Take That song that I haven't listened to in over five years.

'Back for good', still a fave of mine nonetheless. I just hate moments like these when your brain becomes fixated on the tunes and the lyrics and the song's video clip, when you can't help but feel the strange urge to jump out from underneath the double layered blanket and sing it out loud like a gospel, convincing yourself that the louder you get the closer you are to God.

What the hell…

Five years and it hits me now.

Suddenly your brain is up, rising and shining, despite what your body tells it, begs of it. Excited like an orgasm it flies off to the all material, all corporate, all bullshit world.

And it drives me down here to turn on a gigabyte computer, access my paid for ADSL internet subscription, double click a Mozilla Firefox icon, blogger.com, new post, and voila…

Can it get more material than this?

There…

I've ejaculated my thoughts for tonight, but it's too damn late for me to sleep, too damn early to go to work. I'll just have to wait for a couple more hours then sail my ship off to my workstation.

Insomniac freaks out there… I hear ya.

Things to do today:

1. Drink extra large coffee

2. Be a fucking liability

3. Hammer down my 10 year old Take That CD

4. Go to sleep endlessly at 6 pm

Have a nice day.







Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine