Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | The exorcism of the fucking cat » | Mess : Day 1 » | Cavity » | I am the night. Paint me black. » | Follow the White Rabbit » | My 10-year residency » | The reincarnation of Holden Caulfield » | The 100% Destiny draft » | Dry throat tingling » | Skinned »

My least favorite question

It’s common knowledge. At job interviews you either be completely honest or completely bullshit your way through. I happen to be a very analytical person. I choose to find ready made résumé templates and clichéd answers to questions written by Mr. Interview a thousand years ago that interviewers still fancy using. I can not be creative when explaining the value I would add at an organization. I can not explain my benefit to my current employer. I can not lie and every truth I say to myself sounds way overrated and over told.
At job interviews, basically, I lose my ability to wit.

My least favorite moment is when I’m asked to describe myself. Who is Job Applicant? I have absolutely no idea. Hard working, kind, and a fucking team player… sound like bullshit, bullshit, and bullshit. I can’t mesmerize myself into the trance of my being and morph it all into words. I wouldn’t even be able to pronounce the letters of MY PERSONALITY.

I once watched an underrated movie titled Final Cut. It was set somewhere in the future where people surgically plant a camera behind every born baby’s eye socket to record every moment of that baby’s life, edit it when they die, and play the special moments on their funeral.

If I could have stored my life on a CD, I would just drag it along with me and play it to the Nazi interviewer.

I need an answer to that question.
Any ideas?

but interviewers do know that the answers to their cliche questions are most likely to be cliche, so don't worry...

however, (and i am aware this too sounds cliche) you can think of the qualities you have as a person that would add to your workplace or whatever... like for example, u said analytical, that is considered good... perfectionists r liked in the workplace as well.... if ur not a team player, don't say it...

the key is to say it with confidence because u know it's in you.. whether the interviewer believes it or not doesn't matter...

and i thought u liked talking about urself and all, so u can always find the time to describe urself :))))) it's fun (i am a and i thought u liked talking about urself and all, so u can always find the time to describe urself :))))) it's fun (i am a narcissist)

Take yourself outside your head & imagine what it would be like to work with you. To be your colleague. If pain in the ass comes to mind - then maybe you shouldnt bother with this technique. If anything good comes to mind - Exaggerate!

Insomniac,
Perfectionists tend to work alone. There’s always going to be a fuck up caused by a negligent team member. I’d say if there’ll be a fuck up then let me be all mine.

I don't like talking about myself. I do like blogging about myself though. There’s a massive difference my friend. :P
In reality, I prefer not to bore my listeners out of their non virtual existence.
Virtually speaking, we're all just a string of letters.

Jade,
Hmm.. Working with me would be cool I guess. Working under me, as a subordinate that is, would probably be a pain in the ass.

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine