Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | States of Being » | Grotesque » | My unsaid words » | As up as it gets » | Comme ci, comme ça » | Every night’s last cigarette » | Claustrophobic shelling » | The minutes holding me back » | A banker's box of secrets » | My reason to wait »

The wait is over

It was dark as I stepped out of the cab. The moon was full. I could see its face staring at me in “awe”. Everything shone under the white circle hanging in the middle of the sky, watching over us, reflecting the light that emerges out of yesterday and tomorrow, actualizing our ability to see.
I am so grateful.

الحمدلله

My building, my street, my home… they all seemed different; like a cold piece of rotting meat that I’ve been munching on for the past twenty something years… waiting for a miracle to happen, for the wait to be over.
I hate my old place… but then again it made me.

March 20, 2008; another date to remember.
I saw her. I felt her. I made an unsaid commitment that I so willingly bare.

I wanted to touch her hand, but I couldn’t. We didn’t even shake hands for greeting or for goodbye. It was a mixture of… I don’t need to and this can not be real.

It felt like being locked down inside a vortex of potential, of promises that I so wanted to make, things that I wanted to say but couldn’t. I just stared at her, all quiet, taking mental pictures for me to remember and cherish; to take home with me.

My wait is over.

I know that now. I believe that now.

Finally, my mind and my heart both speak the same language. They’re talking to me, cheering for me, applauding, rolling down my long awaited red carpet.

I felt closer to God. I felt his blessings.
Who said that the age of miracles has ended?

I believe.

And as the time flew, I hated the time continuum even more as I watched the seconds and wished to God for my watch to break, for my train to be missed, for us to disappear…
But I kept all my wishes silent and all I did was sit there and watch her smile endlessly.

If only I could take her with me.

hey, i tagged you :)

beautiful!!!
i loved ur blog alot goes straight to my favorites :)

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine