Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Lucky Wave » | Identity Crisis » | Spine » | Never ceases now, does it? » | That deafening, alluring sound » | I used to call it 'home' » | I suspect... » | Window » | بدل بطيخ » | On Job Evaluation »

At Sucking

It’s the same everywhere in this country. Emad Met3eb (Ahly soccer player) at sports, a zillion bad actors who happen to be related to old directors or actors, the president’s son, and the guy who sits at the desk at your right hand side at the office.

Last night, Al Ahly, celebrating its centenary, played against FC Barcelona and massively lost 4-0. No… it wasn’t basketball. It was soccer at its very best. Of course, the TV and newspaper critics failed to even mention that Emad Met3eb had over three chances to score. He can’t aim. He can’t run. He can’t dribble. He refuses to pass the ball… and all he does is fall down and sink in his own oceanic sweat. Even his name means ‘tired’. I’d like to believe that we lost because of him, but I can’t. We lost because of the connections that he’s got; the connections that got him a place on the field… YUP… those connections.

If you know somebody, you can suck all you want. There are no odds against you. You become the winning horse, the full house, the monthly paycheck, and the king of the world. You’re untouchable.

The shit only starts rising when you realize that you are untouchable.

People with the right connections are all rich and employed. People with no connections are all waiting in line for some schmuck to die.

If you’re employed, then you must have connections. MBA, GPA, fucking CIA… whatever letters you got in your big folder you carry around to impress your parents or to flash in front of your future in-laws. They don’t mean shit in the real world.

Oh well…

And the one million question is…

Would you help your own fucked up son get a job if you could?

That wasn’t a rhetorical question now, was it?

If my kid's fucked up because of terrible parenting skills like being an absent parent, not listening, ignoring unacceptable behavoir...etc. In that case, I might as well get them a job since I am entirely to blame here. If I did the best I could raising my kids and I mean my UTMOST best, then I doubt my kid will fuck up anymore than any other average human and he/she should be fine on their own.

Conversation with a friend:

Friend (AUC graduate): So what did you do during that year of unemployment right before you joined 'some bank'?

Me: Nothing. Designed a web page, read books, applied for jobs here and there.

Friend: When I was out of work I took Gamal Mubarak's Future Generation course in English and Computer Studies. Developed myself a bit.

Me: So tell me again how did you get that job at 'some multinational oil company'?

Friend: My uncle works there.

....................

I rest my case. :)

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine