Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Stake matters » | That Dark Square One » | And then the cow said MOO!! » | Marriage » | At Sucking » | Lucky Wave » | Identity Crisis » | Spine » | Never ceases now, does it? » | That deafening, alluring sound »

Document2

I have no idea. It named itself. Even the damn MS Office controls me. I wonder where Document1 went.

Where O where did I have it saved? Saved from being exposed to the whole world perhaps? I don’t know. I don’t even remember what was in it. A résumé, cheesecake recipe, Egypt’s 19000 numbers list… I don’t know. I don’t care.

It’s long gone by now. Long past a click on a recycle bin icon.

Some would call this digital irony… whatever.

I’m babbling again.

I wonder if I’d get locked up if I voice blogged in public.

The other day I was talking to some guys about what’s been missing from this country. One said religion, the other said freedom and democracy. Loyalty was what I said.

Loyalty as in loving one’s country the same way our grandfathers did, caring for the next generations that would rein the earth long after we’re gone. Loyalty towards one’s religion, one’s God, one’s family, one’s beliefs. If we had that… we would read real and international news in the local newspaper instead of the same news about Al Ahly and Jimmy and Mobinil and Mobinil and Mobinil. If we had loyalty we wouldn’t have to worry about the lazy government employee sitting behind the desk pretending that he’s doing something of value, we wouldn’t have to worry about private tuitions since all teachers would make sure their students are served well.

We wouldn’t have to worry about favoritism and how a zillion losers with the right connection would get a job that is rightfully ours. We wouldn’t know who’ll be our next president ten years in advance.

The US Aid budget for 2008 equaled USD 1.7 BILLION. Assuming that the only term was that the Egyptian government had to buy 500 Million worth of wheat from America, it leaves us with 1.2 billion dollars right?

I, rightfully, want to know where that money goes. I mean that’s only the US Aid… I’m not going to discuss the other international Aids that we get.

Oh well… I guess it’ll be easy to say that all money unaccounted for has been used on matters of national security. The answer is easy and not so complicated, don’t you think?

And we wonder why we have cyclones and earthquakes.

How pathetic.

Should I just move out and shut the hell up?

Well, I believe you shouldn't..

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine