Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | The "Screw" attitude » | Le Capisce L’Inglese? » | Tips for Egyptian shoppers » | On deranged marriages » | Only in Egypt - Chapter 2 » | Eshebshan Komedya » | Document2 » | Stake matters » | That Dark Square One » | And then the cow said MOO!! »

Only in Egypt - Chapter 3

Al Ahram – Friday 27 July 2007 (Front Page)

وضع الدكتور أحمد نظيف رئيس مجلس الوزراء أمس حجر أساس مشروع تطوير طريق مصر ـ إسكندرية ـ مطروح الصحراوي‏,‏ وتحويله إلي طريق حر‏,‏ والذي سيتم تنفيذه خلال‏36‏ شهرا‏,‏ علي‏4‏ مراحل‏,‏ بتكلفة تقديرية‏1.5‏ مليار جنيه‏,‏ ليبدأ العمل بالمرحلة الأولي وطولها‏50‏ كيلومترا وتبلغ تكلفتها‏443‏ مليون جنيه‏.‏ وأعلن رئيس مجلس الوزراء أن المشروع يمثل انطلاقة للنهضة في عصر مبارك‏,‏ مؤكدا أهمية قطاع النقل‏,‏ باعتباره من القطاعات الحيوية التي تمثل قوة دافعة للنمو الاقتصادي الذي يحدث‏.

Grab a calculator.

443 million divided by 50 Kilometers

That’s 8.86 million Egyptian pounds per kilometer. (Almost 1.5 million USD)

Now below is a Quick Cost Estimator table copied from www.realestatejournal.com.

I chose a COMMUNITY CENTER model.

Note: 1080 Square Foot equals 100.33528 m^2 (Almost 1 Kilometer)

Notice anything?

Here’s another example… Now this time I used a 3-story factory cost estimate.

To actually construct a 1 square km 3-story factory still costs less than reforming a damn road in Egypt.

Correct me if I’m wrong… but… do those people really think we’re that stupid. I mean to have that article posted on the front page of the #1 local newspaper.

Oh well…

Pure mathematics…


Appendix 1























Appendix 2







Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine