Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | On deranged marriages » | Only in Egypt - Chapter 2 » | Eshebshan Komedya » | Document2 » | Stake matters » | That Dark Square One » | And then the cow said MOO!! » | Marriage » | At Sucking » | Lucky Wave »

Tips for Egyptian shoppers

Make a once in a life time payment of 35 USD to Aramex – Shop N Ship.

They charge you for any custom duties and for weight. (There’s a weight rate calculator on the website). Unfortunately, the government makes you pay Sales Taxes for anything that you buy off the internet, but then again… if you try and sell the items… at least you won’t be breaking any laws.

The Cannon A640 costs around 3400 LE in Egypt. It cost me 2400 LE to buy the following package off Amazon.com:

- The Camera

- Two rechargeable batteries

- Rechargeable batteries charger

- Two disposable cameras

- 1 GB memory card

- Canon Camera Case with Belt Loop - Lens Cleaning Kit - Flexible Mini Tripod

The 2400 LE includes all Aramex charges, Amazon’s shipping fees, and the government sales tax.

Of course you’d be giving up the warranty, but then again… the post sale services suck in Egypt and most items last for exactly one year then break down… I’d pay extra to get rid of Egyptian warranty if you ask me.

The Egyptian greed can be beaten people.

PS. Do not attempt to buy clothes off the internet. I tried it twice... can never get the size right.

Excellent Idea...
:o)

Anyway... I am in the states now. If you want anything just e-mail me and I can get it for you...
Save delivery fees all together!

seems like i am the only one who successfuly buys clothes off the internet!!!! but i have them shipped with friends or family....

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine