Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Tips for Egyptian shoppers » | On deranged marriages » | Only in Egypt - Chapter 2 » | Eshebshan Komedya » | Document2 » | Stake matters » | That Dark Square One » | And then the cow said MOO!! » | Marriage » | At Sucking »

Le Capisce L’Inglese?

A couple of weeks ago, I bought me a box set of CDs on how to learn Italian. I’ve always wanted to learn a language or two, but being the lazy person that I am, I never got to it. I once made it through one French class, but all that I can remember from that class is Je ne parle pas Francais. Parlez vous anglais?

At least it’ll make people understand that I’m just that good.

Today’s Saturday. I hate Saturdays. They mark the end of the weekend and even though I should invest the last day off, I always find myself just sitting there and doing nothing of value, mourning the death of joy and absolute nothingness.

So I got out the first CD only to find out that it’s an audio only set. I hate it when they rip you off like that. I always prefer those interactive ones where they actually check to see if your pronunciation is wrong. What good would it do if you can hear them correctly, but fail to repeat what they are saying?

Oh well, I tried it out anyways.

So lesson #1… I now know how to say that I speak Italian a little, that I don’t speak Italian, and that I’d rather speak English.

Funny… I’m back to square one…

Only this time in Italian.

PS. I just realized that the boxset cover says: Totally Audio.

It also says ‘scientifically proven method’. Scientifically?? OH COME ON!!







Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine