Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Life without air conditioning – Day 12 » | Only in Egypt - Chapter 3 » | The "Screw" attitude » | Le Capisce L’Inglese? » | Tips for Egyptian shoppers » | On deranged marriages » | Only in Egypt - Chapter 2 » | Eshebshan Komedya » | Document2 » | Stake matters »

Analyze this..

During the last couple of days I attended a course about Strategic selling techniques… whatever that means. They flew a Scotsman all the way down from the USA, paid him 10,000 LE per attendee. The course was held at City Stars Intercontinental Hotel.

It was a three batch course. The total attendees equaled 90.

( 90 X 10000 = 900,000 LE )

The first day, the man spent about four hours talking about how the snooze button is pointless, how singing in the shower makes a better day for a person, and how it’s always healthy to talk to oneself in a mirror.

I fail to remember how the rest of the day went.

At the end of the course, they gave us a CD that explains some strategic whatever techniques and a balloon.

There was, however, an interesting exercise on self definition. The object of the exercise was to find out the kind of person you are.

Self definition is such a big word in my very thin dictionary.

There are four personalities, said the transparent slide; the expressive, the driver, the amiable, and the analytical.

As it turned out, out of 30 people, I and some other stranger were the only Analyticals. I don’t know it that means that I’m better or worse than the rest of the jaw clamped flock. I don’t know if it just means that they all cheated on their answers the same way most of us cheat on cheap self definition quizzes found in cheap magazines.

All I know is that I’m supposed to be the kind that doesn’t do well with human beings, hate touching, prefer emails over face to face contacts… and well, it also said that we, the Analyticals, invented desks in order to avoid hugging and shaking hands.

Whatever… don’t you just hate it when some Freudian manipulative twit thinks that they know you just by asking you five irrelevant questions?

I mean, I don’t even know me.

They all gave me the look. I always give the ‘I don’t care’ look to the ceiling, which was quite ravishing I must say.

That chandelier made my day.

I let go of a balloon attached to my chair and watched it hit the chandelier and make a big boom.

It freaked them out. I loved it.







Recently Judged


Links, links & links


Blog Directory & Search engine